2012 Melbourne transport trips
From Greenlivingpedia, a wiki on green living, building and energy
In 2012, Melburnians make close to 13 million trips across the city each day.
- Melburnians make an average of three trips per day.
- Public transport patronage is anticipated to double over the next 15 years.
- Around 17 percent of travel to work is made on public transport.
- 60 percent of Melburnians travel on public transport at least once a month.
- Travel by car accounts for 77 percent of all weekday trips and this increases to 81 percent on
- Almost 70 percent of all trips to the central city are made by sustainable forms of transport (public
transport, walking or cycling).
- Walking is the main form of travel for trips less than one kilometre.
Source: FACT SHEET: TRANSPORT (PDF), Metropolitan Planning Strategy
 External links
- Metropolitan Planning Strategy, Melbourne