Sustainable Smart Town Program
From Greenlivingpedia, a wiki on green living, building and energy
Sustainable Smart Towns is a three stage program that Heyfield is showcasing as the first town to become sustainable as a whole community targeting 25% plus of its population.
Any community or individual can register for the program and progress from the white flag, then blue flag and finally green flag, and display a coloured flag sticker on your letter box for achievement and recognition of participation in sustainability and reducing your carbon footprint.
The program highlights:
- Reducing household carbon footprint
- Reducing energy, water & waste consumption
- Reducing utility bills
- Bulk buying solar panels, tanks, solar hot water etc
- Information on current Govt grants/subsidies freebies
- Disability Access inside and outside, ex: shower access
- Safety inside & outside, ex: trips & slips, eye gouging hazards etc.