Victorian kitesurfing locations
From Greenlivingpedia, a wiki on green living, building and energy
Victorian kitesurfing locations are many and varied. This article provides a summary of locations, their best wind direction, and links to other information.
Disclaimer: Verify site information with locals or someone who has kited there before heading out for the first time at a new location.
 Port Phillip Bay
- St Leonards - N,NE, E SE
- Indented Head - N, NE, E, SE
- Portarlington - N, NW, NE
- Point Henry - N, NW, NE,W
- St Helens - NE, E, SE
- Altona Beach. Wind SE, SW, S (onshore). Intermediate and above.
- Williamstown - S,SW,SE
- Sandridge Beach. Wind S (onshore) to SE. Small surf. Intermediate and above.
- Port Melbourne. Wind SW, S, SE. Small surf. Intermediate and above.
- St Kilda. Wind S to SW. Beginners and above.
- Elwood - S, SW,W, NW
- Brighton. Best wind S to SW. N, NW, W (onshore) possible for advanced kiters. Reefs.
- Hampton. Best wind S to SW. W (onshore) for advanced kiters. Small surf.
- Sandringham - S, SW, W
- Half Moon bay - S, SW,W
- Black Rock - S, SW, W
- Ricketts Point - Advanced only. Cliffs and reefs. Popular with windsurfers.
- Mentone- S, SW (onshore), W, E (advanced)
- Parkdale - S, SW, W
- Mordialloc - S, SW, W, NW
- Aspendale/Gnotuk Ave. Best wind S to SE. SW (onshore) for advanced kiters.
- Chelsea - SW, W, NW
- Bonbeach, Carrum - SW, W, NW
- Seaford - SW, W, NW
- Frankston. Best wind NW and SW. W (onshore) for advanced kiters.
- Mornington - N, NW
- Mt Martha - N, NW, W
- Safety Beach - W
- Rosebud - N, NW, NE
- Rye - N, NW, NE
- Sorrento. Best wind NE, NW. N (onshore) for advanced kiters
 West coast
- Torquay. Wind SW or S. SE (onshore). Surf.
- 13th Beach. Wind SW or SE. S (onshore). Surf.
- Ocean Grove. Wind SW or S. SE (onshore). Surf.
- Anglesea. Wind SW or S. SE (onshore). Surf.
- Apollo Bay Wind SE, NW, E (onshore). Surf. Long day trip from Melbourne.
 East coast
- Portsea Back Beach. Wind W or S. SW is onshore.
- The Mornington Peninsula back beaches are not for the faint hearted or beginner.
- Warning: big surf.
- Shoreham - W, SW
- Point Leo - S, SE, SW
- Balnarring - S, SE, SW, W
- Phillip Island - N, NE, NW
- Cleeland Bight - NE, E, SE
- Cowes - NW, N, NE
- Woolamai Surf Beach - W, SW, S (big surf)
- Inverloch (inlet). Wind SW, SE. S (onshore) for advanced kiters.
- Inverloch (bar). Wind SE, SW, S (onshore)
- Sandy Point (inlet). All wind directions possible.
- WSW & E/NE work best on speed courses
- SE & N work best for waves
- Long day trip from Melbourne.
- Norman Beach, Tidal River, Wilsons Promontory - WSW, SW, surf
Hampton Beach in 30 knots
Inverloch in 30 knots
Hampton Beach with some jumps
Altona Beach in Autumn
 External links
- Melbourne kitesurfing locations, Google map
- Victorian kitesurfing locations, thewindmap.com (wiki)
- Peter's kiteboarding blog, information about kitesurfing locations in Victoria and elsewhere
- Kitesurfing Handbook
- Victorian kitesurfing locations, Kiteboarding Victoria (KBV)
- Bay winds weather
- Seabreeze, forums on kitesurfing, windsurfing and other watersports and wind forecast maps.
- Parks Victoria Boating Zone Recommendations, includes kitesurfing zones (PDF)
- Kiteboarding Tom New Melbourne base blog
- NSW Kite Locations, NSW Kiteboarding Association